The December deadline is fast approaching for Aesculap’s and Groom Team England’s (GTE) second scholarship scheme so if you haven’t already applied, it’s time to get your skates on. This is a fantastic opportunity and shouldn’t be missed!
Five lucky winners will receive:
- Clippers, trimmers and blades from Aesculap
- Two days free training at GTE committee member’s training school plus the opportunity to attend any GTE seminars free of charge (valid for a year)
- A free day’s training with Colin Taylor
- A 15% discount on all Christies Direct grooming products (valid for a year)
- Groomers’ shampoo, spray and either a brush, coat controller or coat king plus a 10% discount on grooming supplies (valid for a year)
- A personalised kit bag designed by Redcape to keep all your equipment in
- A year’s subscription to Total Grooming Magazine
- A 20% discount on all Simpsons’ dryers
The scheme is open to all groomers aged 16 and over, whether you’re a student, just starting out or someone who needs some support to make the next step on their career ladder. The qualities that GTE and Aesculap are looking for is the potential to be a good groomer, have flair, be a good communicator, have entrepreneurial spirit and be an ambassador for the industry. The only restriction is that you have been grooming for less than five years and hold a maximum of City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Dog Grooming or the equivalent.
In 2013 five groomers won a scholarship and can endorse what a difference it has made to their careers. In particular the confidence it has given them as well as, in some instances, enough equipment to set up their own business! It has also given some of them the confidence to compete more – at Premier Groom this year both Lois Dalton and Karen Lofthouse were successful in their respective classes.
For further information and to obtain an application form email email@example.com The deadline for entries is midday 1st December 2014. A shortlist of winners will be announced later on in the month, with the five winners announced in January who will then receive their prizes at an exclusive presentation at Crufts.